What is Direct Response Marketing?
Many small business owners are asking “what is direct response marketing?” and wondering if it’s right for them. This article should help you answer both these important questions.
Direct response marketing is a marketing method that demands a direct response from your potential customers. This type of marketing is used to answer questions, present your branding, products and the reason you do what you do. Customers love this, as they are offered the opportunity to respond, whether that be in the way of signing up for a newsletter, posting a comment on your site or blog, or purchasing a product from you.
Remember, with direct response marketing (and all your marketing tactics) be sure to target your market as much as possible. For example, if you’re doing a FaceBook Ad, be sure to select as many specific criteria to narrow down the audience to only those who will be most likely to buy your service or product.
What does direct response marketing look like? Well, it comes in many forms, including:
- Direct mail
- Print ads
- Radio and TV ads
- Coupons or other incentives
- Social Media Ads
- Blogs, Social Bookmarking, Online Articles
Some of the advantages of direct marketing are:
- A great way to use free time during lulls in business
- Productive way to communicate and empower you to create more relationships
- Great way to up- and cross-sell to current customers
- Low cost way to rustle up new business
- Used as leverage to turn small sales into large sales
- Supplement your current marketing program
- Cost-effective way to reach target markets
- Offers measurable results
- Reach outside your local area for new business
- Increase the effectiveness of your sales force
- With highly targeted outreach and less “junk-mail”, it’s now more effective than it used to be.
These are all great things that can come from just taking a few simple steps to putting together a direct response marketing plan and executing it.
“I honestly don’t think you’ll ever find a safer, lower-risk, higher-profit method of increasing your business or profession than direct-response marketing.” Jay Abraham
What is direct response marketing? Direct response marketing is one of the best ways to launch your business on a large scale and reach out to everyone in your target market whether they are in your local area or not. Our FREE test drive can help you put together a great direct response marketing plan and get you on your way to heightened success.